Reference Documents

Steering Committee Meeting 6th Nov 2017 - Minutes & Actions

Venue: 13 Blind Lane, Southwick. 7:30pm

In attendance: Barbara Johnson (host) Alison Jackson, Janet Player, Joan Jones, Sonia Sansom, Len Weeks, John Eaton (Chair).

Apologies: Peter White.

Welcome and apologies.

Minutes of previous meeting – taken as read and approved.

Topics discussed:

  1. Scoping Research. The Chair reiterated that the Wiltshire Council Link Officer is available to assist with fact finding, providing we supply him with a single wish list.
  2. : All to provide the Chair with details of problem areas within each category.
  1. Housing Needs Survey: Lots of discussion on this part of the agenda resulted in a shortlist of 17 volunteers available to distribute the Survey documents throughout the parish. General approach will be: Joan to re-box the Survey forms and envelopes aligned to the distribution list supplied by WC. Each box of Survey forms to have a control sheet (extract from the master list). Volunteers to buddy up into small groups and collect boxes of survey forms from Joan.

Actions:

  • Chair to contact WC and request additional leaflets and extend completion date from 11th Dec. Complete
  • Chair to contact Wiltshire Times. Complete.
  • Chair to produce poster for village notice boards, SRA website, SPC website, SOS website and SOS notice boards.
  • Chair to send list of addresses supplied by WC to Barbara. Complete
  • Joan to speak with Kath Noble with regard to notices going onto SPC notice boards.
  • Joan to speak with shop owner(s) to place notices in shops.
  1. Wiltshire Council’s Housing Site Allocation Plan: The Chair relayed the message from our professional consultant that alignment of the HSAP and the NDP is desirable, if not essential. In this respect, we should avoid objecting to WC Strategic Plan, which currently includes Southwick Court.
  1. AOB – None raised

Date of Next Meeting: Monday 20th Nov. Venue tbc

 

Southwick Neighbourhood Plan Steering Committee Meeting

16 October 2017 - Minutes and Actions.

Venue: 13 Blind Lane. 7:30pm

Present: Barbara Johnson (Host), Sonia Sansom, Alison Jackson, Joan Jones, Peter White, John Eaton (Chair).

Apologies: Len Weeks, Jan Player.

1) Minutes from previous meeting: Agreed and signed off.

2) Scoping Research - Source Data: All members reported issues with obtaining access to reliable source data. John reported that Pete had recently provided some useful links and would share these. John also stated that he had reached out to various groups including ONS and WC to obtain information and that these enquiries were ongoing. Other points of reference suggested during the meeting were Kew Gardens - National Archive and history.wilthire.gov.uk

Actions: 

  • John to share links supplied by Pete (Completed).
  • John to engage David and other NP groups with a view to obtaining access to source information.
  • John to forward contact details for soil surveys to Alison.

http://wiltshirejsa.org.uk/community-area/trowbridge/

http://webarchive.nationalarchives.gov.uk/20160202161640/https://www.nomisweb.co.uk/census/2011/key_statistics

http://wshc.eu/

http://wsbrc.org.uk/

http://www.wiltshire.gov.uk/planninganddevelopment/planningpolicy.htm

3) Link Officer: Appears to still be absent/unattainable. Action:  John to send note to Goergina Clampit – Dix (Done).

4) Housing Needs Survey:

Overall anticipated workload should be much reduced now WC has confirmed that reply paid envelops will be provided and that collection of the forms will not be necessary by Steering.

The question still remains though, as to whether or not to deliver the General Questionnaire at the same time or sequential to the Housing Needs Survey. More thought required on this and on overall co-ordintaion.

Actions:

  • All to provide input/ideas.
  • John to ask John Fox Williams to publish a reminder notice in Dec edition Southwick Village News. (Done).

5) Questionnaire:

It was acknowledged that Pete was probably best qualified to take ownership of the Questionnaire going forward.

Actions:

  • John to distribute draft Questionnaire document to all members.
  • John to also supply examples of completed Questionnaires used by other NP’s to Pete
  • Pete to arrange meeting with Ben & John to discuss data

repository post Half Term hols. 

6) Wiltshire Times - John confirmed that WT were aware of Southwick’s NP and had agreed to provide coverage and exposure.

Date of Next Meeting: Tuesday 7th Nov at Sonia’s, 19 Blind Lane (provisional arrangement).

 

Southwick Neighbourhood Plan - Steering Committee Meeting 10th Oct. Minutes & Actions.

Venue: 19 Blind Lane. 7:30pm

Present:  Sonia Sansom, Alison Jackson, Jan Player, Barbara Johnson, Cllr Len Weeks, Cllr John Eaton (Chair).

Apologies: Cllr Joan Jones, Peter White.

1) Thanks: 

John thanked Sonia for hosting the meeting.

2) Steering Committee Membership:

John asked all those present if they were happy to be members of the Steering Committee. All members affirmed and we now currently have a Steering Committee comprising 3 Parish Council Members and four members from the broader community. This number may increase as we progress with some of the major tasks during the coming months.

3) Scoping Research:

The thirteen categories of Scoping Research provided by David King were located as follows:

  • Biodiversity - Barbara Johnson
  • Land and soil resources - Alison Jackson
  • Water resource and flood risk - Barbara Johnson
  • Air quality and environmental - Joan Jones
  • Climate change*
  • Historic environment - Jan Player
  • Landscapes*
  • Population and housing - Sonia Sansom
  • Community wellbeing and health - Sonia Sansom
  • Education - Len Weeks
  • Service Centre provision*
  • Transport - Alison Jackson
  • Economy and enterprise- John Eaton

John stated that we are effectively ‘time-boxed' to get the Scoping Research completed and asked everyone to have there respective reports completed before Christmas if possible. Emphasis on 'working smart'.

Actions:

  • John to contact David King with regards to all items denoted *, with a view of David covering these categories.
  • John to distribute to all members, templates provided by David King

4) Housing Needs Survey:

John produced a draft copy of the Survey document that Wiltshire Council will be providing at the end Oct. All agreed that the survey is likely to require a hands on approach and will entail considerable work on the part of steering Committee members. All agreed that it is likely that more volunteers will be required.

Actions:

  • John to speak with Wiltshire Council with regard to the best strategy to distribute and complete the survey documentation.
  • John to add request for helper on agenda of next Residents Association meeting (23rd Oct).

5) Meeting closed 9:30pm

6) Date of next meeting:  Monday 16th Oct at 13 Blind Lane, 7:30pm.

 

Progress Update on Southwick’s Neighbourhood Development Plan. 

Southwick’s Neighbourhood Development Plan is really beginning to take shape,After five months of very hard work, our plan is roughly a third of the way complete.In this respect, the Steering Group have delivered the following important stages of the plan:

  • Scoping Research - which provides an array of factual material on topics such

    as education, employment, services, amenities and ecology.

  • Housing Needs Survey - this shows the type and number of additional

    housing needed locally. 

  • Landscape Gap Surveys - required to help ensure Southwick retains its

    village identity.

  • Site Survey Reports - although nothing has been decided yet, these reports

    will possibly help form the basis of sites being considered for future housing

    development in the village.

This level of progress so far on the plan has been considerably better than average. But we want to keep the momentum going and deliver the entire plan as quickly and as efficiently as possible.

Now that the Steering Group have all the facts and figures needed to move forward, our next challenge is to commence a three week Consultation Period, followed by a series of public Consultation Events. We intend to begin this process from Monday 26th March.

As part of this process, you will be receiving a simple Questionnaire to complete. This will give you the opportunity to express exactly what you like about Southwick and the things that you would like to change. The Questionnaire is easy to complete and will be available in paper and electronic formats.

Please remember that the Neighbourhood Development Plan is not all about housing, although that is obviously an important element of the plan. The Neighbourhood Plan can also encompass issues such as traffic volumes, lack of medical facilities, cycle pathways and much, much more. 

So, please keep an eye out for the Questionnaire. It really is your chance to have your say.

Many thanks for reading.

John Eaton, Chair Neighbourhood Plan Steering Group.

 

Neighbourhood Development Plan Steering Committee - New Members Wanted

We have made some really good progress with the Neighbourhood Plan during recent months and we will soon be undertaking full Community Engagement. 
Initially this will be in the form of a detailed Questionnaire, which will ask you for your thoughts as to what you like about Southwick, what you don’t like and what you would like to change. 
The Questionnaire will be made available both in paper and electronic formats and will be with you very soon.

Now is also the time for more members of the community to join the NDP Steering Committee. 
We are looking to further develop the group so that it is representative of all sections of our community, either by age group, location, etc. 
In this respect, we are particularly interested to hear from members of the local business community.

If being part of an exciting development opportunity appeals and you want to be part of a group intent on delivering a great plan for Southwick, please do get in contact with me in the first instance (john.eatonpdq@gmail.com).
 

Neighbourhood Development Plan - Vision

By 2026 Southwick will have retained its landscape setting, including physical separation from Trowbridge and its own rural character. The Parish will be cleaner and, where possible, provide a quality habitats for nature and help conserve local wildlife.

Development will have been controlled to provide necessary housing appropriate in type and scale to its location in a large village as set out in the Wiltshire Core Strategy. The design of new development will be of a good quality and feature renewable energy and climate change adaption technologies.

Local facilities will have been improved, including shops, recreational opportunities and open space. There will be a better maintained transport network including foot and cycle paths, speeding vehicles will have been reduced and pedestrian safety improved.

The Parish will have secured benefits from the right type and scale of development, in terms of the provision of better infrastructure and urban enhancement to match the wishes of the community.


Neighbourhood Development Plan - Objectives

1) To create a sustainable Southwick; one where development is balanced by improvements in facilities and infrastructure.

2) To protect the local environment, especially the rural landscape, historic buildings and wildlife habitats.

3) To preserve and enhance a separate village identity from Trowbridge and improve transport linkages.

4) To enhance recreational and leisure facilities of the village for all age groups.

5) To provide the housing that the community wants and needs, at a scale no larger than is appropriate for a large village, in developments of small to moderate size in the locations it approves, in particular to meet the needs of first time buyers and growing families.

6) To improve the village environment and public realm by appropriate enhancements to landscaping and existing urban features, including street furniture, provision of new green open spaces and enhancement of existing ones, including new tree planting.

7) To tackle transport problems, including parking, public transport and the necessary improvements to footpaths and pavements. To ensure that new developments improve transport sustainability rather than make it worse.

8) To ensure that new development does not add to existing flooding problems and where possible, it improves the current situation for existing as well as new buildings.

9) To ensure good, locally relevant and distinctive design in all new development.

 

<< Previous 1 2 Next >>

Powered by CuteNews

Neighbourhood Plan

Steering Committee Meeting 6th Nov 2017 - Minutes & Actions

Venue: 13 Blind Lane, Southwick. 7:30pm

In attendance: Barbara Johnson (host) Alison Jackson, Janet Player, Joan Jones, Sonia Sansom, Len Weeks, John Eaton (Chair).

Apologies: Peter White.

Welcome and apologies.

Minutes of previous meeting – taken as read and approved.

Topics discussed:

  1. Scoping Research. The Chair reiterated that the Wiltshire Council Link Officer is available to assist with fact finding, providing we supply him with a single wish list.
  2. : All to provide the Chair with details of problem areas within each category.
  1. Housing Needs Survey: Lots of discussion on this part of the agenda resulted in a shortlist of 17 volunteers available to distribute the Survey documents throughout the parish. General approach will be: Joan to re-box the Survey forms and envelopes aligned to the distribution list supplied by WC. Each box of Survey forms to have a control sheet (extract from the master list). Volunteers to buddy up into small groups and collect boxes of survey forms from Joan.

Actions:

  • Chair to contact WC and request additional leaflets and extend completion date from 11th Dec. Complete
  • Chair to contact Wiltshire Times. Complete.
  • Chair to produce poster for village notice boards, SRA website, SPC website, SOS website and SOS notice boards.
  • Chair to send list of addresses supplied by WC to Barbara. Complete
  • Joan to speak with Kath Noble with regard to notices going onto SPC notice boards.
  • Joan to speak with shop owner(s) to place notices in shops.
  1. Wiltshire Council’s Housing Site Allocation Plan: The Chair relayed the message from our professional consultant that alignment of the HSAP and the NDP is desirable, if not essential. In this respect, we should avoid objecting to WC Strategic Plan, which currently includes Southwick Court.
  1. AOB – None raised

Date of Next Meeting: Monday 20th Nov. Venue tbc

 

Southwick Neighbourhood Plan Steering Committee Meeting

16 October 2017 - Minutes and Actions.

Venue: 13 Blind Lane. 7:30pm

Present: Barbara Johnson (Host), Sonia Sansom, Alison Jackson, Joan Jones, Peter White, John Eaton (Chair).

Apologies: Len Weeks, Jan Player.

1) Minutes from previous meeting: Agreed and signed off.

2) Scoping Research - Source Data: All members reported issues with obtaining access to reliable source data. John reported that Pete had recently provided some useful links and would share these. John also stated that he had reached out to various groups including ONS and WC to obtain information and that these enquiries were ongoing. Other points of reference suggested during the meeting were Kew Gardens - National Archive and history.wilthire.gov.uk

Actions: 

  • John to share links supplied by Pete (Completed).
  • John to engage David and other NP groups with a view to obtaining access to source information.
  • John to forward contact details for soil surveys to Alison.

http://wiltshirejsa.org.uk/community-area/trowbridge/

http://webarchive.nationalarchives.gov.uk/20160202161640/https://www.nomisweb.co.uk/census/2011/key_statistics

http://wshc.eu/

http://wsbrc.org.uk/

http://www.wiltshire.gov.uk/planninganddevelopment/planningpolicy.htm

3) Link Officer: Appears to still be absent/unattainable. Action:  John to send note to Goergina Clampit – Dix (Done).

4) Housing Needs Survey:

Overall anticipated workload should be much reduced now WC has confirmed that reply paid envelops will be provided and that collection of the forms will not be necessary by Steering.

The question still remains though, as to whether or not to deliver the General Questionnaire at the same time or sequential to the Housing Needs Survey. More thought required on this and on overall co-ordintaion.

Actions:

  • All to provide input/ideas.
  • John to ask John Fox Williams to publish a reminder notice in Dec edition Southwick Village News. (Done).

5) Questionnaire:

It was acknowledged that Pete was probably best qualified to take ownership of the Questionnaire going forward.

Actions:

  • John to distribute draft Questionnaire document to all members.
  • John to also supply examples of completed Questionnaires used by other NP’s to Pete
  • Pete to arrange meeting with Ben & John to discuss data

repository post Half Term hols. 

6) Wiltshire Times - John confirmed that WT were aware of Southwick’s NP and had agreed to provide coverage and exposure.

Date of Next Meeting: Tuesday 7th Nov at Sonia’s, 19 Blind Lane (provisional arrangement).

 

Southwick Neighbourhood Plan - Steering Committee Meeting 10th Oct. Minutes & Actions.

Venue: 19 Blind Lane. 7:30pm

Present:  Sonia Sansom, Alison Jackson, Jan Player, Barbara Johnson, Cllr Len Weeks, Cllr John Eaton (Chair).

Apologies: Cllr Joan Jones, Peter White.

1) Thanks: 

John thanked Sonia for hosting the meeting.

2) Steering Committee Membership:

John asked all those present if they were happy to be members of the Steering Committee. All members affirmed and we now currently have a Steering Committee comprising 3 Parish Council Members and four members from the broader community. This number may increase as we progress with some of the major tasks during the coming months.

3) Scoping Research:

The thirteen categories of Scoping Research provided by David King were located as follows:

  • Biodiversity - Barbara Johnson
  • Land and soil resources - Alison Jackson
  • Water resource and flood risk - Barbara Johnson
  • Air quality and environmental - Joan Jones
  • Climate change*
  • Historic environment - Jan Player
  • Landscapes*
  • Population and housing - Sonia Sansom
  • Community wellbeing and health - Sonia Sansom
  • Education - Len Weeks
  • Service Centre provision*
  • Transport - Alison Jackson
  • Economy and enterprise- John Eaton

John stated that we are effectively ‘time-boxed' to get the Scoping Research completed and asked everyone to have there respective reports completed before Christmas if possible. Emphasis on 'working smart'.

Actions:

  • John to contact David King with regards to all items denoted *, with a view of David covering these categories.
  • John to distribute to all members, templates provided by David King

4) Housing Needs Survey:

John produced a draft copy of the Survey document that Wiltshire Council will be providing at the end Oct. All agreed that the survey is likely to require a hands on approach and will entail considerable work on the part of steering Committee members. All agreed that it is likely that more volunteers will be required.

Actions:

  • John to speak with Wiltshire Council with regard to the best strategy to distribute and complete the survey documentation.
  • John to add request for helper on agenda of next Residents Association meeting (23rd Oct).

5) Meeting closed 9:30pm

6) Date of next meeting:  Monday 16th Oct at 13 Blind Lane, 7:30pm.

 

Progress Update on Southwick’s Neighbourhood Development Plan. 

Southwick’s Neighbourhood Development Plan is really beginning to take shape,After five months of very hard work, our plan is roughly a third of the way complete.In this respect, the Steering Group have delivered the following important stages of the plan:

  • Scoping Research - which provides an array of factual material on topics such

    as education, employment, services, amenities and ecology.

  • Housing Needs Survey - this shows the type and number of additional

    housing needed locally. 

  • Landscape Gap Surveys - required to help ensure Southwick retains its

    village identity.

  • Site Survey Reports - although nothing has been decided yet, these reports

    will possibly help form the basis of sites being considered for future housing

    development in the village.

This level of progress so far on the plan has been considerably better than average. But we want to keep the momentum going and deliver the entire plan as quickly and as efficiently as possible.

Now that the Steering Group have all the facts and figures needed to move forward, our next challenge is to commence a three week Consultation Period, followed by a series of public Consultation Events. We intend to begin this process from Monday 26th March.

As part of this process, you will be receiving a simple Questionnaire to complete. This will give you the opportunity to express exactly what you like about Southwick and the things that you would like to change. The Questionnaire is easy to complete and will be available in paper and electronic formats.

Please remember that the Neighbourhood Development Plan is not all about housing, although that is obviously an important element of the plan. The Neighbourhood Plan can also encompass issues such as traffic volumes, lack of medical facilities, cycle pathways and much, much more. 

So, please keep an eye out for the Questionnaire. It really is your chance to have your say.

Many thanks for reading.

John Eaton, Chair Neighbourhood Plan Steering Group.

 

Neighbourhood Development Plan Steering Committee - New Members Wanted

We have made some really good progress with the Neighbourhood Plan during recent months and we will soon be undertaking full Community Engagement. 
Initially this will be in the form of a detailed Questionnaire, which will ask you for your thoughts as to what you like about Southwick, what you don’t like and what you would like to change. 
The Questionnaire will be made available both in paper and electronic formats and will be with you very soon.

Now is also the time for more members of the community to join the NDP Steering Committee. 
We are looking to further develop the group so that it is representative of all sections of our community, either by age group, location, etc. 
In this respect, we are particularly interested to hear from members of the local business community.

If being part of an exciting development opportunity appeals and you want to be part of a group intent on delivering a great plan for Southwick, please do get in contact with me in the first instance (john.eatonpdq@gmail.com).
 

Neighbourhood Development Plan - Vision

By 2026 Southwick will have retained its landscape setting, including physical separation from Trowbridge and its own rural character. The Parish will be cleaner and, where possible, provide a quality habitats for nature and help conserve local wildlife.

Development will have been controlled to provide necessary housing appropriate in type and scale to its location in a large village as set out in the Wiltshire Core Strategy. The design of new development will be of a good quality and feature renewable energy and climate change adaption technologies.

Local facilities will have been improved, including shops, recreational opportunities and open space. There will be a better maintained transport network including foot and cycle paths, speeding vehicles will have been reduced and pedestrian safety improved.

The Parish will have secured benefits from the right type and scale of development, in terms of the provision of better infrastructure and urban enhancement to match the wishes of the community.


Neighbourhood Development Plan - Objectives

1) To create a sustainable Southwick; one where development is balanced by improvements in facilities and infrastructure.

2) To protect the local environment, especially the rural landscape, historic buildings and wildlife habitats.

3) To preserve and enhance a separate village identity from Trowbridge and improve transport linkages.

4) To enhance recreational and leisure facilities of the village for all age groups.

5) To provide the housing that the community wants and needs, at a scale no larger than is appropriate for a large village, in developments of small to moderate size in the locations it approves, in particular to meet the needs of first time buyers and growing families.

6) To improve the village environment and public realm by appropriate enhancements to landscaping and existing urban features, including street furniture, provision of new green open spaces and enhancement of existing ones, including new tree planting.

7) To tackle transport problems, including parking, public transport and the necessary improvements to footpaths and pavements. To ensure that new developments improve transport sustainability rather than make it worse.

8) To ensure that new development does not add to existing flooding problems and where possible, it improves the current situation for existing as well as new buildings.

9) To ensure good, locally relevant and distinctive design in all new development.

 

<< Previous 1 2 Next >>

Powered by CuteNews
 

Steering Committee Meeting 6th Nov 2017 - Minutes & Actions

Venue: 13 Blind Lane, Southwick. 7:30pm

In attendance: Barbara Johnson (host) Alison Jackson, Janet Player, Joan Jones, Sonia Sansom, Len Weeks, John Eaton (Chair).

Apologies: Peter White.

Welcome and apologies.

Minutes of previous meeting – taken as read and approved.

Topics discussed:

  1. Scoping Research. The Chair reiterated that the Wiltshire Council Link Officer is available to assist with fact finding, providing we supply him with a single wish list.
  2. : All to provide the Chair with details of problem areas within each category.
  1. Housing Needs Survey: Lots of discussion on this part of the agenda resulted in a shortlist of 17 volunteers available to distribute the Survey documents throughout the parish. General approach will be: Joan to re-box the Survey forms and envelopes aligned to the distribution list supplied by WC. Each box of Survey forms to have a control sheet (extract from the master list). Volunteers to buddy up into small groups and collect boxes of survey forms from Joan.

Actions:

  • Chair to contact WC and request additional leaflets and extend completion date from 11th Dec. Complete
  • Chair to contact Wiltshire Times. Complete.
  • Chair to produce poster for village notice boards, SRA website, SPC website, SOS website and SOS notice boards.
  • Chair to send list of addresses supplied by WC to Barbara. Complete
  • Joan to speak with Kath Noble with regard to notices going onto SPC notice boards.
  • Joan to speak with shop owner(s) to place notices in shops.
  1. Wiltshire Council’s Housing Site Allocation Plan: The Chair relayed the message from our professional consultant that alignment of the HSAP and the NDP is desirable, if not essential. In this respect, we should avoid objecting to WC Strategic Plan, which currently includes Southwick Court.
  1. AOB – None raised

Date of Next Meeting: Monday 20th Nov. Venue tbc

Posted on 29 Mar 2018 by geoff edwards
 
 

Southwick Neighbourhood Plan Steering Committee Meeting

16 October 2017 - Minutes and Actions.

Venue: 13 Blind Lane. 7:30pm

Present: Barbara Johnson (Host), Sonia Sansom, Alison Jackson, Joan Jones, Peter White, John Eaton (Chair).

Apologies: Len Weeks, Jan Player.

1) Minutes from previous meeting: Agreed and signed off.

2) Scoping Research - Source Data: All members reported issues with obtaining access to reliable source data. John reported that Pete had recently provided some useful links and would share these. John also stated that he had reached out to various groups including ONS and WC to obtain information and that these enquiries were ongoing. Other points of reference suggested during the meeting were Kew Gardens - National Archive and history.wilthire.gov.uk

Actions: 

  • John to share links supplied by Pete (Completed).
  • John to engage David and other NP groups with a view to obtaining access to source information.
  • John to forward contact details for soil surveys to Alison.

http://wiltshirejsa.org.uk/community-area/trowbridge/

http://webarchive.nationalarchives.gov.uk/20160202161640/https://www.nomisweb.co.uk/census/2011/key_statistics

http://wshc.eu/

http://wsbrc.org.uk/

http://www.wiltshire.gov.uk/planninganddevelopment/planningpolicy.htm

3) Link Officer: Appears to still be absent/unattainable. Action:  John to send note to Goergina Clampit – Dix (Done).

4) Housing Needs Survey:

Overall anticipated workload should be much reduced now WC has confirmed that reply paid envelops will be provided and that collection of the forms will not be necessary by Steering.

The question still remains though, as to whether or not to deliver the General Questionnaire at the same time or sequential to the Housing Needs Survey. More thought required on this and on overall co-ordintaion.

Actions:

  • All to provide input/ideas.
  • John to ask John Fox Williams to publish a reminder notice in Dec edition Southwick Village News. (Done).

5) Questionnaire:

It was acknowledged that Pete was probably best qualified to take ownership of the Questionnaire going forward.

Actions:

  • John to distribute draft Questionnaire document to all members.
  • John to also supply examples of completed Questionnaires used by other NP’s to Pete
  • Pete to arrange meeting with Ben & John to discuss data

repository post Half Term hols. 

6) Wiltshire Times - John confirmed that WT were aware of Southwick’s NP and had agreed to provide coverage and exposure.

Date of Next Meeting: Tuesday 7th Nov at Sonia’s, 19 Blind Lane (provisional arrangement).

Posted on 29 Mar 2018 by geoff edwards
 
 

Southwick Neighbourhood Plan - Steering Committee Meeting 10th Oct. Minutes & Actions.

Venue: 19 Blind Lane. 7:30pm

Present:  Sonia Sansom, Alison Jackson, Jan Player, Barbara Johnson, Cllr Len Weeks, Cllr John Eaton (Chair).

Apologies: Cllr Joan Jones, Peter White.

1) Thanks: 

John thanked Sonia for hosting the meeting.

2) Steering Committee Membership:

John asked all those present if they were happy to be members of the Steering Committee. All members affirmed and we now currently have a Steering Committee comprising 3 Parish Council Members and four members from the broader community. This number may increase as we progress with some of the major tasks during the coming months.

3) Scoping Research:

The thirteen categories of Scoping Research provided by David King were located as follows:

  • Biodiversity - Barbara Johnson
  • Land and soil resources - Alison Jackson
  • Water resource and flood risk - Barbara Johnson
  • Air quality and environmental - Joan Jones
  • Climate change*
  • Historic environment - Jan Player
  • Landscapes*
  • Population and housing - Sonia Sansom
  • Community wellbeing and health - Sonia Sansom
  • Education - Len Weeks
  • Service Centre provision*
  • Transport - Alison Jackson
  • Economy and enterprise- John Eaton

John stated that we are effectively ‘time-boxed' to get the Scoping Research completed and asked everyone to have there respective reports completed before Christmas if possible. Emphasis on 'working smart'.

Actions:

  • John to contact David King with regards to all items denoted *, with a view of David covering these categories.
  • John to distribute to all members, templates provided by David King

4) Housing Needs Survey:

John produced a draft copy of the Survey document that Wiltshire Council will be providing at the end Oct. All agreed that the survey is likely to require a hands on approach and will entail considerable work on the part of steering Committee members. All agreed that it is likely that more volunteers will be required.

Actions:

  • John to speak with Wiltshire Council with regard to the best strategy to distribute and complete the survey documentation.
  • John to add request for helper on agenda of next Residents Association meeting (23rd Oct).

5) Meeting closed 9:30pm

6) Date of next meeting:  Monday 16th Oct at 13 Blind Lane, 7:30pm.

Posted on 29 Mar 2018 by geoff edwards
 
 

Progress Update on Southwick’s Neighbourhood Development Plan. 

Southwick’s Neighbourhood Development Plan is really beginning to take shape,After five months of very hard work, our plan is roughly a third of the way complete.In this respect, the Steering Group have delivered the following important stages of the plan:

  • Scoping Research - which provides an array of factual material on topics such

    as education, employment, services, amenities and ecology.

  • Housing Needs Survey - this shows the type and number of additional

    housing needed locally. 

  • Landscape Gap Surveys - required to help ensure Southwick retains its

    village identity.

  • Site Survey Reports - although nothing has been decided yet, these reports

    will possibly help form the basis of sites being considered for future housing

    development in the village.

This level of progress so far on the plan has been considerably better than average. But we want to keep the momentum going and deliver the entire plan as quickly and as efficiently as possible.

Now that the Steering Group have all the facts and figures needed to move forward, our next challenge is to commence a three week Consultation Period, followed by a series of public Consultation Events. We intend to begin this process from Monday 26th March.

As part of this process, you will be receiving a simple Questionnaire to complete. This will give you the opportunity to express exactly what you like about Southwick and the things that you would like to change. The Questionnaire is easy to complete and will be available in paper and electronic formats.

Please remember that the Neighbourhood Development Plan is not all about housing, although that is obviously an important element of the plan. The Neighbourhood Plan can also encompass issues such as traffic volumes, lack of medical facilities, cycle pathways and much, much more. 

So, please keep an eye out for the Questionnaire. It really is your chance to have your say.

Many thanks for reading.

John Eaton, Chair Neighbourhood Plan Steering Group.

Posted on 19 Mar 2018 by geoff edwards
 
 

Neighbourhood Development Plan Steering Committee - New Members Wanted

We have made some really good progress with the Neighbourhood Plan during recent months and we will soon be undertaking full Community Engagement. 
Initially this will be in the form of a detailed Questionnaire, which will ask you for your thoughts as to what you like about Southwick, what you don’t like and what you would like to change. 
The Questionnaire will be made available both in paper and electronic formats and will be with you very soon.

Now is also the time for more members of the community to join the NDP Steering Committee. 
We are looking to further develop the group so that it is representative of all sections of our community, either by age group, location, etc. 
In this respect, we are particularly interested to hear from members of the local business community.

If being part of an exciting development opportunity appeals and you want to be part of a group intent on delivering a great plan for Southwick, please do get in contact with me in the first instance (john.eatonpdq@gmail.com).
 

Neighbourhood Development Plan - Vision

By 2026 Southwick will have retained its landscape setting, including physical separation from Trowbridge and its own rural character. The Parish will be cleaner and, where possible, provide a quality habitats for nature and help conserve local wildlife.

Development will have been controlled to provide necessary housing appropriate in type and scale to its location in a large village as set out in the Wiltshire Core Strategy. The design of new development will be of a good quality and feature renewable energy and climate change adaption technologies.

Local facilities will have been improved, including shops, recreational opportunities and open space. There will be a better maintained transport network including foot and cycle paths, speeding vehicles will have been reduced and pedestrian safety improved.

The Parish will have secured benefits from the right type and scale of development, in terms of the provision of better infrastructure and urban enhancement to match the wishes of the community.


Neighbourhood Development Plan - Objectives

1) To create a sustainable Southwick; one where development is balanced by improvements in facilities and infrastructure.

2) To protect the local environment, especially the rural landscape, historic buildings and wildlife habitats.

3) To preserve and enhance a separate village identity from Trowbridge and improve transport linkages.

4) To enhance recreational and leisure facilities of the village for all age groups.

5) To provide the housing that the community wants and needs, at a scale no larger than is appropriate for a large village, in developments of small to moderate size in the locations it approves, in particular to meet the needs of first time buyers and growing families.

6) To improve the village environment and public realm by appropriate enhancements to landscaping and existing urban features, including street furniture, provision of new green open spaces and enhancement of existing ones, including new tree planting.

7) To tackle transport problems, including parking, public transport and the necessary improvements to footpaths and pavements. To ensure that new developments improve transport sustainability rather than make it worse.

8) To ensure that new development does not add to existing flooding problems and where possible, it improves the current situation for existing as well as new buildings.

9) To ensure good, locally relevant and distinctive design in all new development.

Posted on 16 Jan 2018 by geoff edwards
 

<< Previous 1 2 Next >>

Powered by CuteNews