Reference Documents

Southwick Neighbourhood Plan Steering Committee Meeting

10 April 2018 - Minutes and Actions.

Venue: 13 Blind Lane. 7:30pm

Present: Barbara Johnson (Host), Phil Harcourt, Alison Jackson, Joan Jones, Tim Edwards, Jan Player, John Eaton (Chair).

Apologies: Peter White, Janice Heatherwick.

1) Minutes from previous meeting: Agreed and signed off.

2) Consultation Engagement Process:

All Steering Group members present extremely disappointed by the delay inflicted due to outcomes from the March SPC meeting.

Overwhelming risk is that we have now missed the ideal window to start Consultation Engagement. The process will now likely bump into the August annual holiday season.

 The Steering Group resolved to:

  • Arrange Pre-Consultancy meetings, probably later this

Month/early next.

  • Place an notice of forthcoming Consolation Events in the next

Edition of the Village Newsletter

  • Circulate the Questionnaire to every household in the Parish.
  • Hold Consultation Events, not less than 2 weeks after the

Completed Questionnaire’s have been received back. 

Action:  John to engage the new SPC Clerk and request an agenda item at the next SPC meeting. The Steering Group need the Parish Council’s acceptance that the Steering Group will commence Consultation Engagement in April.

Also required on the agenda is the need to draw a cheque payable to Groundwork’s as per email communications to the SPC Chair

3) Display Equipment: We need to gain access to display board equipment to support our Consultation and Pre-Consultation Events.

Action: Joan to contact Wiltshire Council.

4) Site Landowners: We will need to formally engage all the landowners for the sites in the SSR. Initially we will need to write to each.

Action: Joan to contact Wiltshire Council

5) Site of Air Quality Monitor – some sterling work between Barbara Johnson and Horace Prickett has resulted in a Nitrogen Dioxide monitor being located near the roundabout in Wynsome Street.

Meeting closed 10:00pm

Date of Next Meeting: Tuesday 24th April at 13 Blind Lane.

 

Southwick Neighbourhood Development Plan – Steering Group Meeting 26/03/18

Venue: 13 Blind Lane

Time: 19:30

Apologies: Joan Jones, Peter White.

Attendees: Barbara Johnson (Host), Alison Jackson, Janet Player, Phil Harcourt, Tim Edwards, Janice Heatherwick, John Eaton (Chair).

Meeting Minutes:

Minutes of the previous meeting were approved.

Welcome:

The Chair opened the meeting, thanking everyone for attending at short notice. The Chair also welcomed a new member to the Group – Janice Heatherwick

Southwick Parish Council:

Concerns raised that some Members of SPC do not understand the concept and purpose of Steering. Serious concerns raised about the delay caused by one Member of SPC, to delivering the Questionnaire and to the start of the Consultation process. All agreed that timeline delays and additional costs to the project are now unavoidable.

Southwick Bypass:

The Chair advised that he had met with Horace Prickett to discuss possible solutions and one proposal in particular had significant merit and could be supported by the NDP. Action: Phil to source a suitable contact in Somerset.

Lack of Dog Waste Bins

This is becoming a health hazard. Tim has written to the Chair of SPC to raise it as an issue on the next SPC meeting agenda. Could well become an aim of the NDP to increase the number of bins in the village.

Local Surface Water Flooding:

Reports provided of serious surface water events throughout the village.

Poplar Lane Traveller Site,

Phil gave an update of the latest position and activities relating to this site. Overall the situation is clearly unacceptable but WC appear to be taking no obvious action to resolve.

Standing Arrangements for Steering Group meetings:

Steering Group meetings have so far been called as and when needed. This is fine to a degree, but all thought that it would be more beneficial an ease diary planning if meetings were held on a regular anniversary. Phil formally proposed that we meet every second and fourth Tuesday of the month. After due consideration and discussion, all agreed to move forward with the proposal.

Community Right to Bid:

Alison raised the subject and provided current documentation for the Chair to review.

Meeting closed 21:45

 

Southwick Neighbourhood Development Plan - Steering Group Minutes 13/03/18

Attendees: Barbara Johnson (Host), Philip Harcourt, Tim Edwards, Alison Jackson, Joan Jones, John Eaton, (Chair).

Apologies: Janet Player, Peter White.

1) Minutes from previous meeting taken as read and approved.

2) New Members

The Chair opened the meeting and welcomed Philip Harcourt from the Southwick Community as a new member of the Steering Group.

3) Consultation Meetings

The Chair confirmed that the Baptist Chapel had been booked for Site Selection Consultation meetings on Friday 23rd and Sunday 25th March.

The Chair also distributed draft Questionnaire and Cover Statement in the form of a booklet and invited comments.

As a result, a small number of amendments will be needed to the Cover Statement before 1000 copies are printed.

Action: Joan Jones to feed details of amendments back to Thumbnail Media and then printing to commence.

Joan Jones passed to the Chair a list of addresses used for distribution of the Housing Needs Survey.  All agreed that Steering should take the same approach with delivery of the Questionnaire.

The Chair then started the process of Allocation. The end of the meeting had allocated all addresses in principle.

Action: John to contact Peter White with regards to deliveries in Chantry Gardens.

Action: John to distribute detailed list of allocated addresses to all members and volunteers.

All agreed to meet at Joan Jones house from 8:00am on Saturday morning to collect Questionnaires ready for delivery.

4) Parish Council

Concerns raised once more regarding the poor level of support and acceptance of the Neighbourhood Plan by some Members of SPC. General consensus was this situation is just making the process of delivering the Neighbourhood Plan far more difficult than it should be.

Meeting closed 10:15pm.

 

Southwick Neighbourhood Development Plan - Steering Group Minutes 4th March 2018

In attendance:

Barbara Johnson (host), John Eaton (Chair), Alison Jackson, Joan Jones, Janet Player.

Apologies: Tim Edwards, Peter White.

Welcome: The Chair opened the meeting at 11:00am and welcomed everyone in attendance.

Minutes from Previous meeting: Agreed and signed off.

Progress with Site Surveys and Scoping Research reports - Steering Group validation.  This was currently going to plan and the Chair reminded everyone present that the deadline for validation is 8th March to get comments back to David King. The Chair also relayed David King’s comments regarding the very high quality of work produced by the Steering Group members.

6b Frome Road- this has potential for c25 new builds and basically ticks all the boxes in terms of inclusion in the Plan, with the exception of available access. However there is a potential answer to the access question.

Action: JE to engage with Wiltshire Council and the Allotments Association to explore possible shared access.

Progress against Plan: The Chair shared with the group that in terms of overall progress, the NDP was currently around 37% complete and that we were making good, solid progress.

Community Engagement:

Now that the group has something tangible to show for their efforts, we can start full blown Community Engagement.

The Chair advised that Ben Sansom was busy preparing a Questionnaire in both electronic and paper formats. Hall bookings for the months of March through to April were also in train, subject to checking SPC Public Liability Insurance.

Southwick Parish Council:

Concerns expressed once again with regards to certain Members attitude to the Steering Group and level of support being given to the Neighbourhood Plan.

Meeting concluded at 13:45pm

 

Southwick Neighbourhood Plan Steering Committee Meeting

28 November 2017 - Minutes and Actions.

Venue: 13 Blind Lane. 7:30pm.

Present: Cllr Joan Jones, Alison Jackson, Jan Player, Barbara Johnson, Cllr Len Weeks, Cllr John Eaton (chair).

1) Thanks:

John thanked Barbara and Bill for hosting the meeting.

2) Minutes from Previous Meeting: Agreed and signed off.

3) Topics Discussed:

Members were saddened to hear from Sonia that she no longer felt able to continue as a member of the Steering Committee due to the pressure of numerous other commitments. 

4) Scoping Research and maps.

Scoping Research to be completed as soon as possible and forwarded to David King By 21st December 2017.  Joan to follow up maps from Wiltshire Council.

5) Redrow Appeal.

The Redrow Appeal seemed based on their insistence that Wiltshire Council do not have a feasible Five Year Plan.  The Five Year Plan was discussed and it was decided by Steering that a plan was in place.  Most agreed that of the three developments facing us the Southwick Court proposal, although there are negatives, was the best option in terms of location near to Trowbridge, services, schools, shops, Healthcare facilities etc.

6) Housing Needs Surveys.

It was confirmed that all Housing Needs Surveys had been delivered and surgeries had been advertised at Baptist Chapel each Saturday morning. We are now reliant on Wiltshire Council processing the completed surveys in a timely manner to ensure the report is delivered on time.  Joan to speak to Sonia Burgess to ask when she expects to finish the analysis of the Housing Needs Surveys – hopefully by mid January.

7) Landscape Report.

This is an exercise by John and David to ensure a GREEN BUFFER zone to protect an area of land between Trowbridge and any development at Southwick Court. This buffer would also extend to include North Bradley.

8) Neighbourhood Plan Webpages.

These are to be found on the Parish Council and SRA Websites. Article to be published regarding the Benefits of the plan BY 21 DECEMBER

9) Site Selection Report.

David King is to begin the Site Selection Reports as soon as possible. David is to create site survey forms for all 8 SHELAA sites.  After a training Skype meeting with David King, Steering group to carry out site survey using his forms.  Completed forms back to David BY END JANUARY 2018

10) Community Engagement Questionnaire.

 Questionnaires need to be delivered to villagers to ask for their views.  Some major logistical organisation required.

Housing needs report to David by end Jan if Wiltshire Council has it ready by then.

11) Development Site Suggestions.

Steering Group members to investigate all possible building sites – empty houses, brownfield sites, scrubland etc.

12) New Steering Group members who have small businesses.

All to seek new Scoping group members who have small businesses, Group suggestions – Keith Snell and family members, Electrician and SRA member living in Blind Lane, Nigel Pearce, Derek Corbyn, Builder and others. Members to ask other individuals who may be interest in joining the Steering Group.

13) Heavy Freight Traffic.

Group discussed the possibility of further aggregate lorries passing through Southwick if the proposed Tarmac development in Westbury goes ahead.

14) CPRE to hold meeting at Baptist Hall on Monday 4th Dec. At 5-8pm.

15) Meeting closed at 10. 15pm.

16) Date and time of next meeting to be decided.

 

<< Previous 1 2 3 Next >>

Powered by CuteNews

Neighbourhood Plan

Southwick Neighbourhood Plan Steering Committee Meeting

10 April 2018 - Minutes and Actions.

Venue: 13 Blind Lane. 7:30pm

Present: Barbara Johnson (Host), Phil Harcourt, Alison Jackson, Joan Jones, Tim Edwards, Jan Player, John Eaton (Chair).

Apologies: Peter White, Janice Heatherwick.

1) Minutes from previous meeting: Agreed and signed off.

2) Consultation Engagement Process:

All Steering Group members present extremely disappointed by the delay inflicted due to outcomes from the March SPC meeting.

Overwhelming risk is that we have now missed the ideal window to start Consultation Engagement. The process will now likely bump into the August annual holiday season.

 The Steering Group resolved to:

  • Arrange Pre-Consultancy meetings, probably later this

Month/early next.

  • Place an notice of forthcoming Consolation Events in the next

Edition of the Village Newsletter

  • Circulate the Questionnaire to every household in the Parish.
  • Hold Consultation Events, not less than 2 weeks after the

Completed Questionnaire’s have been received back. 

Action:  John to engage the new SPC Clerk and request an agenda item at the next SPC meeting. The Steering Group need the Parish Council’s acceptance that the Steering Group will commence Consultation Engagement in April.

Also required on the agenda is the need to draw a cheque payable to Groundwork’s as per email communications to the SPC Chair

3) Display Equipment: We need to gain access to display board equipment to support our Consultation and Pre-Consultation Events.

Action: Joan to contact Wiltshire Council.

4) Site Landowners: We will need to formally engage all the landowners for the sites in the SSR. Initially we will need to write to each.

Action: Joan to contact Wiltshire Council

5) Site of Air Quality Monitor – some sterling work between Barbara Johnson and Horace Prickett has resulted in a Nitrogen Dioxide monitor being located near the roundabout in Wynsome Street.

Meeting closed 10:00pm

Date of Next Meeting: Tuesday 24th April at 13 Blind Lane.

 

Southwick Neighbourhood Development Plan – Steering Group Meeting 26/03/18

Venue: 13 Blind Lane

Time: 19:30

Apologies: Joan Jones, Peter White.

Attendees: Barbara Johnson (Host), Alison Jackson, Janet Player, Phil Harcourt, Tim Edwards, Janice Heatherwick, John Eaton (Chair).

Meeting Minutes:

Minutes of the previous meeting were approved.

Welcome:

The Chair opened the meeting, thanking everyone for attending at short notice. The Chair also welcomed a new member to the Group – Janice Heatherwick

Southwick Parish Council:

Concerns raised that some Members of SPC do not understand the concept and purpose of Steering. Serious concerns raised about the delay caused by one Member of SPC, to delivering the Questionnaire and to the start of the Consultation process. All agreed that timeline delays and additional costs to the project are now unavoidable.

Southwick Bypass:

The Chair advised that he had met with Horace Prickett to discuss possible solutions and one proposal in particular had significant merit and could be supported by the NDP. Action: Phil to source a suitable contact in Somerset.

Lack of Dog Waste Bins

This is becoming a health hazard. Tim has written to the Chair of SPC to raise it as an issue on the next SPC meeting agenda. Could well become an aim of the NDP to increase the number of bins in the village.

Local Surface Water Flooding:

Reports provided of serious surface water events throughout the village.

Poplar Lane Traveller Site,

Phil gave an update of the latest position and activities relating to this site. Overall the situation is clearly unacceptable but WC appear to be taking no obvious action to resolve.

Standing Arrangements for Steering Group meetings:

Steering Group meetings have so far been called as and when needed. This is fine to a degree, but all thought that it would be more beneficial an ease diary planning if meetings were held on a regular anniversary. Phil formally proposed that we meet every second and fourth Tuesday of the month. After due consideration and discussion, all agreed to move forward with the proposal.

Community Right to Bid:

Alison raised the subject and provided current documentation for the Chair to review.

Meeting closed 21:45

 

Southwick Neighbourhood Development Plan - Steering Group Minutes 13/03/18

Attendees: Barbara Johnson (Host), Philip Harcourt, Tim Edwards, Alison Jackson, Joan Jones, John Eaton, (Chair).

Apologies: Janet Player, Peter White.

1) Minutes from previous meeting taken as read and approved.

2) New Members

The Chair opened the meeting and welcomed Philip Harcourt from the Southwick Community as a new member of the Steering Group.

3) Consultation Meetings

The Chair confirmed that the Baptist Chapel had been booked for Site Selection Consultation meetings on Friday 23rd and Sunday 25th March.

The Chair also distributed draft Questionnaire and Cover Statement in the form of a booklet and invited comments.

As a result, a small number of amendments will be needed to the Cover Statement before 1000 copies are printed.

Action: Joan Jones to feed details of amendments back to Thumbnail Media and then printing to commence.

Joan Jones passed to the Chair a list of addresses used for distribution of the Housing Needs Survey.  All agreed that Steering should take the same approach with delivery of the Questionnaire.

The Chair then started the process of Allocation. The end of the meeting had allocated all addresses in principle.

Action: John to contact Peter White with regards to deliveries in Chantry Gardens.

Action: John to distribute detailed list of allocated addresses to all members and volunteers.

All agreed to meet at Joan Jones house from 8:00am on Saturday morning to collect Questionnaires ready for delivery.

4) Parish Council

Concerns raised once more regarding the poor level of support and acceptance of the Neighbourhood Plan by some Members of SPC. General consensus was this situation is just making the process of delivering the Neighbourhood Plan far more difficult than it should be.

Meeting closed 10:15pm.

 

Southwick Neighbourhood Development Plan - Steering Group Minutes 4th March 2018

In attendance:

Barbara Johnson (host), John Eaton (Chair), Alison Jackson, Joan Jones, Janet Player.

Apologies: Tim Edwards, Peter White.

Welcome: The Chair opened the meeting at 11:00am and welcomed everyone in attendance.

Minutes from Previous meeting: Agreed and signed off.

Progress with Site Surveys and Scoping Research reports - Steering Group validation.  This was currently going to plan and the Chair reminded everyone present that the deadline for validation is 8th March to get comments back to David King. The Chair also relayed David King’s comments regarding the very high quality of work produced by the Steering Group members.

6b Frome Road- this has potential for c25 new builds and basically ticks all the boxes in terms of inclusion in the Plan, with the exception of available access. However there is a potential answer to the access question.

Action: JE to engage with Wiltshire Council and the Allotments Association to explore possible shared access.

Progress against Plan: The Chair shared with the group that in terms of overall progress, the NDP was currently around 37% complete and that we were making good, solid progress.

Community Engagement:

Now that the group has something tangible to show for their efforts, we can start full blown Community Engagement.

The Chair advised that Ben Sansom was busy preparing a Questionnaire in both electronic and paper formats. Hall bookings for the months of March through to April were also in train, subject to checking SPC Public Liability Insurance.

Southwick Parish Council:

Concerns expressed once again with regards to certain Members attitude to the Steering Group and level of support being given to the Neighbourhood Plan.

Meeting concluded at 13:45pm

 

Southwick Neighbourhood Plan Steering Committee Meeting

28 November 2017 - Minutes and Actions.

Venue: 13 Blind Lane. 7:30pm.

Present: Cllr Joan Jones, Alison Jackson, Jan Player, Barbara Johnson, Cllr Len Weeks, Cllr John Eaton (chair).

1) Thanks:

John thanked Barbara and Bill for hosting the meeting.

2) Minutes from Previous Meeting: Agreed and signed off.

3) Topics Discussed:

Members were saddened to hear from Sonia that she no longer felt able to continue as a member of the Steering Committee due to the pressure of numerous other commitments. 

4) Scoping Research and maps.

Scoping Research to be completed as soon as possible and forwarded to David King By 21st December 2017.  Joan to follow up maps from Wiltshire Council.

5) Redrow Appeal.

The Redrow Appeal seemed based on their insistence that Wiltshire Council do not have a feasible Five Year Plan.  The Five Year Plan was discussed and it was decided by Steering that a plan was in place.  Most agreed that of the three developments facing us the Southwick Court proposal, although there are negatives, was the best option in terms of location near to Trowbridge, services, schools, shops, Healthcare facilities etc.

6) Housing Needs Surveys.

It was confirmed that all Housing Needs Surveys had been delivered and surgeries had been advertised at Baptist Chapel each Saturday morning. We are now reliant on Wiltshire Council processing the completed surveys in a timely manner to ensure the report is delivered on time.  Joan to speak to Sonia Burgess to ask when she expects to finish the analysis of the Housing Needs Surveys – hopefully by mid January.

7) Landscape Report.

This is an exercise by John and David to ensure a GREEN BUFFER zone to protect an area of land between Trowbridge and any development at Southwick Court. This buffer would also extend to include North Bradley.

8) Neighbourhood Plan Webpages.

These are to be found on the Parish Council and SRA Websites. Article to be published regarding the Benefits of the plan BY 21 DECEMBER

9) Site Selection Report.

David King is to begin the Site Selection Reports as soon as possible. David is to create site survey forms for all 8 SHELAA sites.  After a training Skype meeting with David King, Steering group to carry out site survey using his forms.  Completed forms back to David BY END JANUARY 2018

10) Community Engagement Questionnaire.

 Questionnaires need to be delivered to villagers to ask for their views.  Some major logistical organisation required.

Housing needs report to David by end Jan if Wiltshire Council has it ready by then.

11) Development Site Suggestions.

Steering Group members to investigate all possible building sites – empty houses, brownfield sites, scrubland etc.

12) New Steering Group members who have small businesses.

All to seek new Scoping group members who have small businesses, Group suggestions – Keith Snell and family members, Electrician and SRA member living in Blind Lane, Nigel Pearce, Derek Corbyn, Builder and others. Members to ask other individuals who may be interest in joining the Steering Group.

13) Heavy Freight Traffic.

Group discussed the possibility of further aggregate lorries passing through Southwick if the proposed Tarmac development in Westbury goes ahead.

14) CPRE to hold meeting at Baptist Hall on Monday 4th Dec. At 5-8pm.

15) Meeting closed at 10. 15pm.

16) Date and time of next meeting to be decided.

 

<< Previous 1 2 3 Next >>

Powered by CuteNews
 

Southwick Neighbourhood Plan Steering Committee Meeting

10 April 2018 - Minutes and Actions.

Venue: 13 Blind Lane. 7:30pm

Present: Barbara Johnson (Host), Phil Harcourt, Alison Jackson, Joan Jones, Tim Edwards, Jan Player, John Eaton (Chair).

Apologies: Peter White, Janice Heatherwick.

1) Minutes from previous meeting: Agreed and signed off.

2) Consultation Engagement Process:

All Steering Group members present extremely disappointed by the delay inflicted due to outcomes from the March SPC meeting.

Overwhelming risk is that we have now missed the ideal window to start Consultation Engagement. The process will now likely bump into the August annual holiday season.

 The Steering Group resolved to:

  • Arrange Pre-Consultancy meetings, probably later this

Month/early next.

  • Place an notice of forthcoming Consolation Events in the next

Edition of the Village Newsletter

  • Circulate the Questionnaire to every household in the Parish.
  • Hold Consultation Events, not less than 2 weeks after the

Completed Questionnaire’s have been received back. 

Action:  John to engage the new SPC Clerk and request an agenda item at the next SPC meeting. The Steering Group need the Parish Council’s acceptance that the Steering Group will commence Consultation Engagement in April.

Also required on the agenda is the need to draw a cheque payable to Groundwork’s as per email communications to the SPC Chair

3) Display Equipment: We need to gain access to display board equipment to support our Consultation and Pre-Consultation Events.

Action: Joan to contact Wiltshire Council.

4) Site Landowners: We will need to formally engage all the landowners for the sites in the SSR. Initially we will need to write to each.

Action: Joan to contact Wiltshire Council

5) Site of Air Quality Monitor – some sterling work between Barbara Johnson and Horace Prickett has resulted in a Nitrogen Dioxide monitor being located near the roundabout in Wynsome Street.

Meeting closed 10:00pm

Date of Next Meeting: Tuesday 24th April at 13 Blind Lane.

Posted on 29 Apr 2018 by geoff edwards
 
 

Southwick Neighbourhood Development Plan – Steering Group Meeting 26/03/18

Venue: 13 Blind Lane

Time: 19:30

Apologies: Joan Jones, Peter White.

Attendees: Barbara Johnson (Host), Alison Jackson, Janet Player, Phil Harcourt, Tim Edwards, Janice Heatherwick, John Eaton (Chair).

Meeting Minutes:

Minutes of the previous meeting were approved.

Welcome:

The Chair opened the meeting, thanking everyone for attending at short notice. The Chair also welcomed a new member to the Group – Janice Heatherwick

Southwick Parish Council:

Concerns raised that some Members of SPC do not understand the concept and purpose of Steering. Serious concerns raised about the delay caused by one Member of SPC, to delivering the Questionnaire and to the start of the Consultation process. All agreed that timeline delays and additional costs to the project are now unavoidable.

Southwick Bypass:

The Chair advised that he had met with Horace Prickett to discuss possible solutions and one proposal in particular had significant merit and could be supported by the NDP. Action: Phil to source a suitable contact in Somerset.

Lack of Dog Waste Bins

This is becoming a health hazard. Tim has written to the Chair of SPC to raise it as an issue on the next SPC meeting agenda. Could well become an aim of the NDP to increase the number of bins in the village.

Local Surface Water Flooding:

Reports provided of serious surface water events throughout the village.

Poplar Lane Traveller Site,

Phil gave an update of the latest position and activities relating to this site. Overall the situation is clearly unacceptable but WC appear to be taking no obvious action to resolve.

Standing Arrangements for Steering Group meetings:

Steering Group meetings have so far been called as and when needed. This is fine to a degree, but all thought that it would be more beneficial an ease diary planning if meetings were held on a regular anniversary. Phil formally proposed that we meet every second and fourth Tuesday of the month. After due consideration and discussion, all agreed to move forward with the proposal.

Community Right to Bid:

Alison raised the subject and provided current documentation for the Chair to review.

Meeting closed 21:45

Posted on 29 Apr 2018 by geoff edwards
 
 

Southwick Neighbourhood Development Plan - Steering Group Minutes 13/03/18

Attendees: Barbara Johnson (Host), Philip Harcourt, Tim Edwards, Alison Jackson, Joan Jones, John Eaton, (Chair).

Apologies: Janet Player, Peter White.

1) Minutes from previous meeting taken as read and approved.

2) New Members

The Chair opened the meeting and welcomed Philip Harcourt from the Southwick Community as a new member of the Steering Group.

3) Consultation Meetings

The Chair confirmed that the Baptist Chapel had been booked for Site Selection Consultation meetings on Friday 23rd and Sunday 25th March.

The Chair also distributed draft Questionnaire and Cover Statement in the form of a booklet and invited comments.

As a result, a small number of amendments will be needed to the Cover Statement before 1000 copies are printed.

Action: Joan Jones to feed details of amendments back to Thumbnail Media and then printing to commence.

Joan Jones passed to the Chair a list of addresses used for distribution of the Housing Needs Survey.  All agreed that Steering should take the same approach with delivery of the Questionnaire.

The Chair then started the process of Allocation. The end of the meeting had allocated all addresses in principle.

Action: John to contact Peter White with regards to deliveries in Chantry Gardens.

Action: John to distribute detailed list of allocated addresses to all members and volunteers.

All agreed to meet at Joan Jones house from 8:00am on Saturday morning to collect Questionnaires ready for delivery.

4) Parish Council

Concerns raised once more regarding the poor level of support and acceptance of the Neighbourhood Plan by some Members of SPC. General consensus was this situation is just making the process of delivering the Neighbourhood Plan far more difficult than it should be.

Meeting closed 10:15pm.

Posted on 29 Mar 2018 by geoff edwards
 
 

Southwick Neighbourhood Development Plan - Steering Group Minutes 4th March 2018

In attendance:

Barbara Johnson (host), John Eaton (Chair), Alison Jackson, Joan Jones, Janet Player.

Apologies: Tim Edwards, Peter White.

Welcome: The Chair opened the meeting at 11:00am and welcomed everyone in attendance.

Minutes from Previous meeting: Agreed and signed off.

Progress with Site Surveys and Scoping Research reports - Steering Group validation.  This was currently going to plan and the Chair reminded everyone present that the deadline for validation is 8th March to get comments back to David King. The Chair also relayed David King’s comments regarding the very high quality of work produced by the Steering Group members.

6b Frome Road- this has potential for c25 new builds and basically ticks all the boxes in terms of inclusion in the Plan, with the exception of available access. However there is a potential answer to the access question.

Action: JE to engage with Wiltshire Council and the Allotments Association to explore possible shared access.

Progress against Plan: The Chair shared with the group that in terms of overall progress, the NDP was currently around 37% complete and that we were making good, solid progress.

Community Engagement:

Now that the group has something tangible to show for their efforts, we can start full blown Community Engagement.

The Chair advised that Ben Sansom was busy preparing a Questionnaire in both electronic and paper formats. Hall bookings for the months of March through to April were also in train, subject to checking SPC Public Liability Insurance.

Southwick Parish Council:

Concerns expressed once again with regards to certain Members attitude to the Steering Group and level of support being given to the Neighbourhood Plan.

Meeting concluded at 13:45pm

Posted on 29 Mar 2018 by geoff edwards
 
 

Southwick Neighbourhood Plan Steering Committee Meeting

28 November 2017 - Minutes and Actions.

Venue: 13 Blind Lane. 7:30pm.

Present: Cllr Joan Jones, Alison Jackson, Jan Player, Barbara Johnson, Cllr Len Weeks, Cllr John Eaton (chair).

1) Thanks:

John thanked Barbara and Bill for hosting the meeting.

2) Minutes from Previous Meeting: Agreed and signed off.

3) Topics Discussed:

Members were saddened to hear from Sonia that she no longer felt able to continue as a member of the Steering Committee due to the pressure of numerous other commitments. 

4) Scoping Research and maps.

Scoping Research to be completed as soon as possible and forwarded to David King By 21st December 2017.  Joan to follow up maps from Wiltshire Council.

5) Redrow Appeal.

The Redrow Appeal seemed based on their insistence that Wiltshire Council do not have a feasible Five Year Plan.  The Five Year Plan was discussed and it was decided by Steering that a plan was in place.  Most agreed that of the three developments facing us the Southwick Court proposal, although there are negatives, was the best option in terms of location near to Trowbridge, services, schools, shops, Healthcare facilities etc.

6) Housing Needs Surveys.

It was confirmed that all Housing Needs Surveys had been delivered and surgeries had been advertised at Baptist Chapel each Saturday morning. We are now reliant on Wiltshire Council processing the completed surveys in a timely manner to ensure the report is delivered on time.  Joan to speak to Sonia Burgess to ask when she expects to finish the analysis of the Housing Needs Surveys – hopefully by mid January.

7) Landscape Report.

This is an exercise by John and David to ensure a GREEN BUFFER zone to protect an area of land between Trowbridge and any development at Southwick Court. This buffer would also extend to include North Bradley.

8) Neighbourhood Plan Webpages.

These are to be found on the Parish Council and SRA Websites. Article to be published regarding the Benefits of the plan BY 21 DECEMBER

9) Site Selection Report.

David King is to begin the Site Selection Reports as soon as possible. David is to create site survey forms for all 8 SHELAA sites.  After a training Skype meeting with David King, Steering group to carry out site survey using his forms.  Completed forms back to David BY END JANUARY 2018

10) Community Engagement Questionnaire.

 Questionnaires need to be delivered to villagers to ask for their views.  Some major logistical organisation required.

Housing needs report to David by end Jan if Wiltshire Council has it ready by then.

11) Development Site Suggestions.

Steering Group members to investigate all possible building sites – empty houses, brownfield sites, scrubland etc.

12) New Steering Group members who have small businesses.

All to seek new Scoping group members who have small businesses, Group suggestions – Keith Snell and family members, Electrician and SRA member living in Blind Lane, Nigel Pearce, Derek Corbyn, Builder and others. Members to ask other individuals who may be interest in joining the Steering Group.

13) Heavy Freight Traffic.

Group discussed the possibility of further aggregate lorries passing through Southwick if the proposed Tarmac development in Westbury goes ahead.

14) CPRE to hold meeting at Baptist Hall on Monday 4th Dec. At 5-8pm.

15) Meeting closed at 10. 15pm.

16) Date and time of next meeting to be decided.

Posted on 29 Mar 2018 by geoff edwards
 

<< Previous 1 2 3 Next >>

Powered by CuteNews