SOUTHWICK PARISH COUNCIL
Chair: Cllr Kath Noble, 230 Chantry Gardens, Southwick, Wiltshire, BA14 9QX 01225 352503
Clerk: Nicola Duke, April Rise, 81 Studland Park, Westbury, Wiltshire, BA13 3HN 01373 864127
To: All Members of Southwick Parish Council
You are hereby summoned to attend a meeting of the Annual Council Meeting of the Parish Council to be held on Tuesday 18th May 2021 commencing at 7.30 pm in the Village Hall for the transaction of the business shown on the agenda below.
Nicola J Duke - Parish Clerk
7th May 2021
The Chair of the Parish Council will invite members of the public to present their questions, comments and petitions submitted under the Council’s Public Participation Procedure at the start of the meeting. Please note that the Clerk will record the names of those wishing to address the Council together with the subject matter prior to the start of the meeting and each speaker will be permitted 3 minutes in which to address members. Members are reminded of their obligations under the Code of Conduct.
2021/01 Election of Chair
In accordance with the Local Government Act 1972 ss 15 (2) and 34 (2) to elect a Chair of the Parish Council for the municipal year 2021/2022.
Members are referred to the below guidance:
· The current Chair, Cllr Noble, will call for nominations as the first item of business.
· Any nomination must be seconded before it can be put to the vote.
· Should there be more than one nomination a ballot will be conducted.
· The elected Chair will need to obtain an absolute majority of those present and voting – for example, Southwick PC has eleven members so the successful candidate would need to obtain six votes ( if all members are present).
· In the event that a candidate does not achieve this in the first round of voting the candidate with the lowest number of votes drops off and the vote is taken again.
· Where there is a tie in the election of the chairman, the preson presiding is required by law to give his casting vote one way or the other. The chairman does not have a casting vote if he is presiding over the election of a new chairman as his last act before ceasing to be a member of the council. (Arnold Baker section 8.4).
2021/02 Declaration of acceptance of office
To receive the Chair’s signed declaration of acceptance of office
2021/03 Apologies for Absence
Council to receive apologies for absence. LGA 1972 s85(1).
2021/04 Declarations of Interest and Dispensations to Participate
a) To receive declarations of interest in respect of matters contained in this agenda, in accordance with the provisions of the Local Government Act 1972 in respect of officers and the Localism Act 2011 in respect of members.
b) To receive any dispensation requests received by the Parish Clerk and not previously considered.
2021/05 Election of Vice-Chair
In accordance with the Local Government Act 1972 ss 15 (6) and 34 (6) to elect a Vice-Chair of the Parish Council for the municipal year 2021/2022
2021/06 Declaration of Acceptance of Office
To receive the Vice-Chair’s signed declaration of acceptance of office
2021/07 Declarations of Interest and Dispensations to Participate
a) To receive declarations of interest in respect of matters contained in this agenda, in accordance with the provisions of the Local Government Act 1972 in respect of officers and the Localism Act 2011 in respect of members
To receive any dispensation requests received by the Parish Clerk and not previously considered
2021/08 Appointment of Representatives to Outside Bodies
To appoint representatives for the following:
· Playing Field Management Committee
· Friends of Southwick Country Park
· Village Hall Management Committee
· Trowbridge Area Board/CATG
2021/09 Appointment of Members’ Areas of Responsibility
To appoint members to specific areas of responsibility:
· Health/Social Services
· Police Liaison
· Rights of Way
· Emergency Planning
· Public Transport
· Neighbourhood Watch
2021/10 Chairman’s Allowance
To decide on the level of the annual allowance for the Chair’s expenses (if felt to be appropriate).
2021/11 Banking Arrangements
To consider whether any changes are required to the nominated signatories, consider adding the Clerk as a limited signatory to receive bank statements and consider whether to apply for online banking.
2021/12 Meeting Schedule 2021-2022
To note the calendar of meetings for the municipal year as:
Tuesday 15th June 2021
Tuesday 20th July 2021
Tuesday 17th August (if required)
Tuesday 21st September 2021
Tuesday 19th October 2021
Tuesday 16th November 2021
Tuesday 21st December 2021
Tuesday 18th January 2022
Tuesday 15th February 2022
Tuesday 15th March 2022
Tuesday 19th April 2022
Tuesday 17th May 2022 – Annual Council Meeting and Annual Parish Meeting